The Spirit of Houston Conference believes we have a responsibility to carry the message of recovery to those who need it most - the newcomer and those struggling to stay sober, regardless of the ability to pay for registration. This conference is self-supporting through registration proceeds. Funds collected through our scholarship drives and registrations ensure that those unable to pay will never be turned away.
Date: November 8th, 9th & 10th 2019
Location: Omni Hotel at Westside - 13210 Katy Fwy., Houston, Tx 77079
Hotel Phone#: 281-558-8338
Conference Cost: Pre-register $20 (At Door $25)
Hotel Reservations: Register for hotel through menu on conference website to obtain discount hotel reservations. If you call to make hotel reservations, make sure you mention Spirit of Houston Conference to obtain discount rate.
6:45pm Troy B. - 20 yrs - Sunrise, Friendswood - Rosharon, TX (Ballroom)
6:45pm Al-Anon Discussion Meeting (Woodbine I)
15 minute break
8:15pm Tim H. - 29 yrs. - Lampton Group - Louisville, KY (Ballroom)
10:00-12:00pm DJ - DANCE with Stevie V.
7:00am Morning Meditation
9:00am Daryl Lynn S. - 9 yrs. - Caring and Sharing Group - Houston, TX (Ballroom)
9:00am Al-Anon Discussion Meeting (Woodbine I)
10:30am Cyndi M. - 33 yrs. - Road Runner -Louisville, KY (Ballroom)
1:00pm Dawn B. - 22 yrs. - Keep on Steppin, Friendswood - Dickinson, TX (Ballroom)
2:45pm Al-Anon Poppi M. - 5 yrs. - River Oaks Newcomers - Houston, TX (Ballroom)
4:00pm Young People's Speaker - Lee H. - 6 yrs.- Clear Cut Directions -Houston, TX (Woodbine I)
6:00pm Dan D. - 33 yrs - The Dark Side - Houston, TX (Ballroom)
8:00pm Paula P. - 40 yrs. - Women’s Closed Big Book & Step Study, Champaign, IL (Ballroom)
10:00pm Al-Anon Candlelight Meeting (Woodbine I)
10:00pm Addicted To Comedy - Andy Huggins & Currie E.
7:00am Morning Mediation (Wilcox)
9:45am Raffle / Announcements (Ballroom) 10:00am
10:00am Nate Y. - 11 yrs. - Rochester Group - Chehlis, WA (Ballroom)
12 noon Wrap-up Meeting (Permian)
· Marathon Meetings: Meetings in Wilcox room from 7:00AM until 3:00AM, except during Spotlight Speakers. Please visit Wilcox room for meeting schedules and topics.
· Al-Anon: Meetings in Woodbine I.
· Hospitality Suite: Join us for coffee (weekend coffee pass $5) and goodies in
Permian (closed 10 minutes before and during Spotlight Speaker Meetings). All food must be eaten in the Hospitality Suite (Permian). A Special Thank You to all the Groups/Clubs who graciously sponsored the Hospitality Suite this year!
· Literature, Memorabilia, and Raffle Tickets: Available in the Foyer.
· We are Walking Big Books: Remember, you may be the only Big Book the hotel’s management, staff, and guests ever see. Please let your behavior represent AA’s Principles. Excessive noise, careless smoking, and/or any sort of misuse of hotel property reflects poorly on us all and on the AA fellowship as a whole.
· SOH Wrap-Up Meeting: All are welcome to attend the wrap-up meeting in Permian at noon on Sunday. Come get involved and see how rewarding conference service work can be!
**See below if you want to print program from PDF file